TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (May 8, 2018) – The Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) has released its NJCAA Region 8 Softball Player and Pitcher of the Week selections for games played April 30-May 6.
This is the final weekly softball awards of 2018.
Follow the FCSAA and NJCAA Region VIII sports online throughout the season at www.theFCSAAsports.com. The FCSAA is also on Facebook and Twitter @theFCSAA.
NJCAA Region 8 Softball Player of the Week
Jaden Kline, Indian River State
Sophomore – C
Saint Cloud, Fla.
- Batted .727 (8-for-11) with one run scored, two doubles, one home run and seven RBI in four games during the voting period
- Was named to the FCSAA All-Tournament Team, after leading Indian River State to a fourth-place finish in the event
- Hit safely in all four games, including three multi-hit games
- Was 2-for-3 with a home run and three RBI in win vs. nationally-ranked Central Florida in an elimination game
NJCAA Region 8 Softball Pitcher of the Week
Kelsi Collins, Florida SouthWestern
Freshman – RHP
- 2-0, 1.91 ERA in three appearances during the voting period
- Picked up wins over Pensacola State and nationally-ranked Chipola in the FCSAA Tournament
- Struck out 11 vs. Pensacola State in the opening round; started and allowed just two hits and one run over 4.2 innings vs. Chipola as FSW picked up the 2-1 win and the state championship
- Was named MVP of the FCSAA Tournament
- For the week, totaled 14.2 innings in the circle and allowed 10 hits, four runs (all earned) and six walks while striking out 16