TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (March 8, 2016) – The Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) has released its final NJCAA Region 8 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Player of the Week selections for the 2015-16 season.
Northwest Florida State College’s Jared Wilson-Frame and Gulf Coast State College’s Kristina King are the men’s and women’s players of the week, respectively. Both Wilson-Frame and King were named most valuable player of their respective state tournament last weekend.
Follow FCSAA Athletics online throughout the season at www.theFCSAAsports.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
NJCAA Region 8 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
Jared Wilson-Frame, Northwest Florida State
Freshman – Guard
- Named MVP of the Region 8 Men’s Basketball Tournament
- Averaged 19.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.3 steals in three games during the voting period
- Shot 37.5 percent (15-of-40) from the field, 44.0 percent (11-of-25) from the three-point line and 72.7 percent (16-of-22) from the free throw line
- Tallied 21 points, eight rebounds and four assists in championship game vs. Tallahassee
NJCAA Region 8 Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Kristina King, Gulf Coast State
Sophomore – Forward
- Named MVP of the Region 8 Women’s Basketball Tournament
- Averaged 17.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 1.3 steals and 2.3 blocks in three games during the voting period
- Shot 62.9 percent (22-of-35) from the field and 57.1 percent (8-of-14) from the free throw line
- Tallied 24 points, 11 rebounds, two steals and four blocks in championship game vs. Northwest Florida State