TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 6, 2016) - The Florida College System Activities Association's Council for Athletic Affairs (CAA) has announced the following award winners for the 2015-16 academic year.
Academic Teams of the Year
- Male: Daytona State College Baseball
- Female: Daytona State College Women's Golf
Scholar-Athletes of the Year
- Male: Iseluwapo Jegede, men's basketball, College of Central Florida
- Female: Thais Oliveira, women's basketball, College of Central Florida, and Marni Greenstein, softball, Florida State College at Jacksonville
Athletes of the Year
- Male: Craig Ensley, swimming, Indian River State College
- Female: Kristina King, women's basketball, Gulf Coast State College
The awards were voted on by members of the CAA E-Board during the Spring 2016 CAA meeting, held in Tampa, Fla., May 23-24.