TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (March 5, 2019) – The Florida College System Activities Association (FCSAA) has released its NJCAA Region 8 Men’s and Women’s Basketball Player of the Week selections for games played February 25-March 3.
Follow Region 8 Athletics online throughout the season at www.theFCSAAsports.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
NJCAA Region 8 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week
D’Moi Hodge, State College of Florida
Fr. - Guard
- Averaged 25.0 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.5 steals and 2.5 blocks in two games during the voting period
- Shot 16-of-36 (44.4 percent) from the field, 8-of-20 (40.0 percent) from the three-point line and 10-of-11 (90.9 percent) from the free throw line
- Led State College of Florida to wins over Hillsborough and Polk State to win the Suncoast Conference Tournament Championship and a berth in the FCSAA Tournament
Other nominees: Jeremy Sheppard, Central Florida; DeAndre Pinckney, Broward; Malik Curry, Palm Beach State
NJCAA Region 8 Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
Michelle Pruitt, Miami Dade
Sophomore – Forward
- In her lone game of the week against Indian River State, she posted 21 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, two steals and one block
- Shot 8-of-17 (47.1 percent) from the floor and 5-of-6 (83.3 percent) from the free throw line
- Helped Miami Dade to a 93-84 win over the Pioneers
Other nominees: Ganette Chism, Miami Dade; Destiny Byfield, Broward; Kayla Mansell, Florida State College at Jacksonville; Desiree Mack, Central Florida; Kierra Patrick, Indian River State