TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 26, 2017) - The Florida College System Activities Association's Council for Athletic Affairs (CAA) announced the following award winners for the 2016-17 academic year.
Academic Teams of the Year
- Male: Daytona State College Baseball
- Female: Daytona State College Women's Golf
Scholar-Athletes of the Year
- Male: Tucker Smith, baseball, Lake-Sumter State College
- Female: Scarlett Rocha, women's basketball, Broward College
Athletes of the Year
- Male: Reynaldo Rivera, baseball, Chipola College
- Female: Courtney Gettins, softball, Florida SouthWestern State College
The awards were voted on by members of the CAA E-Board during the Spring 2017 CAA meeting, held in Tampa, Fla., May 22-23.
Florida SouthWestern State College assistant athletic director George Sanders was also elected to the FCSAA Hall of Fame. Sanders' induction ceremony will take place this fall.